The program is crafted to highlight real-world initiatives, projects and technologies to make decarbonization happen in the chemical industry.
Key topics of the conference are:
- Power to heat: Chemical process electrification replaces the use of fossil fuels with renewable energy. High-temperature applications are key in most chemical production methods and the power demand of a typical chemical process is enormous. New technologies help to reduce the required energy drastically.
- Power to chemicals: Due to the limitations of the traditional thermal approaches in the field of electrification, several novel technologies are being developed to produce basis materials for the production of e.g. more complex substances in chemical industry directly from electricity, water and/or CO2. One promising approach in this field is plasma technology.
- Energy storage: Electrical energy extraction from renewable energy sources (e.g. the sun and water) fluctuates. These fluctuations in electricity supply and demand can be balanced via storage. New technologies can help to overcome this challenge and store surplus energy into matter that can be reconverted when needed.
- Role of biobased in electrification: Green hydrogen can be converted to methane or methanol. Both these fuels can be stored and used to produce electricity again. Most green hydrogen is produced via water electrolysis using renewable power. Next to electrolysis, other biobased alternatives are developed to produce green hydrogen.
Join this event to:
- network with other professionals who want to make the energy transition in the chemical industry a success and
- learn from best practices, real use cases and success stories
- and exchange different views on this complex topic
Who should attend:
- R&D / Innovation and General management of
- Energy and Chemical industry
- Bio mass suppliers
- Pyrolysis industry
- Recycling value chain
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
|Brightlands Chemelot Campus
Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a world-leading innovation location in smart materials and sustainable manufacturing and home to a vibrant and fast-growing open community of groundbreaking companies and knowledge institutes. With its location, ecosystem and easily available expertise and knowledge, Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a unique location for innovative start-ups and corporations, forward-thinking knowledge institutes, daring entrepreneurs, brilliant researchers, talented students and visionary investors.